Ken Seymour was born in Ottawa in 1942 and then moved with his family to Merrickville as a young boy. In 1955 he moved to Kemptville which he called home for the next 30 years. Ken sponsored many teams throughout the years including the Senior Men’s Kemptville Royals in the early 1960s. He was the driving force behind the building of the “new” arena on Reuben Street including providing the facility with a new Zamboni. Ken, along with several local friends, led the creation of the Kemptville 73s Junior B Hockey Club. Ken was always discretely present at hockey registrations through the 70s and 80s to make sure that every child was able to play by sponsoring their fees and equipment. Many families never knew how it was possible; Ken was quiet with his generosity. He felt strongly that every child who wanted to play should have that opportunity. Ken was also responsible for the funding of many team tournament trips; both for players and families. He sponsored many teams with jerseys and socks and was a respected coach to hundreds of local kids. Ken was quick to slip local boys who were drafted to play for Junior A teams a few dollars to help them out with expenses. Ken was instrumental in the fundraising to build the Kemptville Pool. As part of his efforts, he challenged the community to sponsor him to lose weight in order to raise money for the project. Ken held nothing back in helping to make this community a better place.